Ellen Rebecca Hosking
Textile Designer / Material Explorer / Sustainability Advisor
2019 - 2022
2019 & 2021
RMIT University Bachelor of Textiles (Design/Sustainable Innovation)
- Product Circularity Report Skills.
- Material Manufacturing Comparison Report Skills.
- New material research and development.
- Hand and digital pattern repeat knowledge.
- Adobe Suite and digital interface competency.
Jai Texart - Block Printing Course, Bagru, India
Firsthand expertise and practical workshop in the traditional hand craft of block printing. Natural dye making techniques and knowledge.
Steph’s Fabrics, Broulee - Assistant
Fabric consultant. Marketing and social media manager. Website design. High quality sample sewing and embroidery.
L’uccello, Melbourne City – Assistant
Customer assistance, specialising in haberdashery. Original fabric range advisor.
Sam’s Pizzeria, Batemans Bay – Waitress
Teamwork. Logistics and experience management. Patience under pressure.
Student Staff Consultative Committee RMIT F&T
Communication. Representing a student cohort.
Surf Lifesaver, Broulee Surfers’ Surf Lifesaving Club
Care. Capable in a role of responsibility. Discipline and focus.
Textile and Fashion Design Parade Coordinator
Managing and organising a large event. Digital design. Research. Curation.
Canberra Girls Grammar School
- Mary Henderson Prize for Excellence in Practical Work Textiles.
- Anne Bozsoky Award for Contribution to Textiles and Design.
- Top ranking student in Creative Arts.
- CGGS Sportswoman of the Year.
- Australian National Cross-Country Championships Competitor.
- Student Dux of the year St Peters, Broulee.
- Nippers Age Champion, multiple Branch Champion awards in Surf Lifesaving.